Monday, January 17, 2011

Want some cheese with that?

I think supper has become a fight every night with Scott and I.  While he's trying so hard to come up with suggestions that fit within my limited food options, very little seems to please me, particularly when I'm craving something I can't have.

I was definitely wanted pizza one night.  Needless to say, it's a combination of restricted foods.  However, with some more no-tomato sauce (taking out the red-wine vinegar and adding roasted red peppers), and some permitted cottage cheese, I made pizza.

The dough is an old family recipe:
1 c. warm water
1T yeast
1T sugar
Mix, and wait 5 minutes
Add 1/4 c. oil and 2 1/2 c. flour.  Knead lots, and let rise 45 minutes.  Punch down, and spread on greased pizza trays.


Of course, Scott and I could agree on the toppings - peppers and bacon, but obviously, I couldn't deprive him of real cheese.  While I think my cottage cheese side looks better, it definitely didn't taste as good.  Let's just say before I'd eat it again, I'd have to be really desperate for food!  However, it was fairly edible.  Two spoons!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty pizzas! I need a dough recipe so I'm going to try this one :)
    CHeers!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sounds like the histamine restricted diet is no fun. The pizzas look pretty good though! The dough recipe sounds like its pretty straightforward too! I'll have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made my own pizza dough but I'll have to give it a try, yours look great! Sorry it didn't taste quite as good as it looks without the real-deal cheese!

    Come by and enter my giveaway for 3 bottles of Joe Fresh nail lacquer if you like:
    just click here

    ReplyDelete
  4. you get an A for effort though. :)
    thanks for stopping by my blog... you have a lovely blog. :) new follower, and hope you enjoy your day!
    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete