Friday, September 18, 2009

The great pasta experiment

Sobeys just finished up their Dollar Days, which I took full advantage of (everything I needed for Scott and I for a week for $50 - yeah!).  One of the deals they had was boxes of pasta for $1  Naturally, pasta is a staple in my diet, so I bought 2 boxes - some macaroni for when I make my homemade mac'n'cheese, and long macaroni, becuase, for $1, who wouldn't?

Long macaroni looks like straws when you take it out of the box.



However, once it's cooked, it has a mind of it's own.  Kind of like tentacles, they flail about as you try to move them from the pot to the plate, and from the plate to your mouth.  There is no polite, lady-like way to eat them, so I do not recommend buying them when you're having to cook for the queen.

However, if you're babysitting some little kids, and you don't care what kind of bad habits you give them, by all means, cook them long macaroni, and let them slurp it into their mouths, and eat it with their fingers, because that's exactly how it demands to be eaten.

Not that I told that to Scott. 

Also, this was a very colourless meal, which according to my mother means I didn't get all the proper food groups.

Actually, this is Scott's plate.  I like cauliflower with cheez whiz so I had more colour.  Ha, I win.



(Please note, the immaturity needed to enjoy this pasta remains with you long after the meal is over)

No comments:

Post a Comment