Thursday, September 3, 2009

Introducing... the Crafty Cook

I tend to dabble in things. I will pick up a hobby, become super zealous about it for about a week, continue it for about a month, and then forget about it for about a year. However, enter 2009 - a year that marks not only the current economic recession but also my (second) flight from my parents' basement to embark on life on my own.

In other words, a recipe for poverty.

As an attempt to weather the financial constraints of living from scholarship to scholarship as I attempt to prove my mastery of English Literature, I decided to take the hobbies in which I generally dabble and force them into the spotlight with the hope that as I struggle to make meals on a shoestring budget, knit my way through the expensive gift giving seasons and create the necessities for an apartment that I cannot afford (I cannot afford the furniture, that is, although I can't say as I can afford this apartment either), others will be there to both give and take advice from me, Cara - The Crafty Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment